Fit for a Goddess: North Face Aphrodite Hiking Pants
North Face Aphrodite 2.0 Hiking Pants: Fitted, durable, quick drying hiking pants for women.
- Standard Straight Fit
- Extremely durable, breathable FlashDry™-XD technology wicks moisture and speeds drying
- 2x2 wide rib-knit waistband
- Stretch drawcord at leg opening for cinching
- Front hand pockets
- Zip pocket securely stores essentials
- Shirring on legs
- 17" leg opening
Why I love them
An avid hiker, I have strong feelings about what I need from a pair of hiking pants. The Prana zip-offs that I bought half a decade ago were quite flattering, but they are heavy, the loosened substantially with time, the flared legs flop when I walk, and they nearly sag off my hips when they become heavy with rain. As a result, I began hiking in leggings and have continued that habit for years.
This season, increased rattlesnake activity compelled me to buy a pair of pants (loose-fitting fabric around your ankles is one way to protect yourself from rattlesnake strikes). I tried on every pair of women's hiking pants in the Boulder REI, decided on these, and haven't looked back. Although they don't have an SPF factor, they are pretty darn near perfect otherwise.
- They are super light-weight
- The tapered legs settle over the top of my boots but don't flap while I walk
- The waistband is soft and comfortable under my backpack's waist straps
- The waist tie cord keeps the pants snug so that they don't sag when the pants become wet with rain
- The pants are incredibly breathable! And if I decide to roll them up, they stay put! No heavy zippers, and no pant legs to lose
- They are rather rain resistant, but they also dry very quickly after getting wet. I put them to the test during a hailstorm and they were dry by the time I hit the parking lot
- They are really cute and comfortable. Although I bought them for hiking, I wear them around the house all the time. I am pretty obsessed.